London Scottish scored in the last phase of the game as Ealing Trailfinders five match win-streak came to an end in a stunning 19-17 defeat.

Welcomed to the pitch by a bagpipe fanfare, there was plenty of excitement to follow at Richmond Athletic Ground in a thrilling contest.

Matas Jurevicius got the scoring underway for London Scottish, after Jonah Holmes had initially made an unbelievable try-saving tackle from a Scottish breakaway.

Ealing settled into the game after a fast start from the home side, with Mike Willemse making it 5-5 in the 18th minute, after Ealing had won a penalty off the first scrum of the afternoon.

With the scrum domination continuing, Trailfinders took the lead ten minutes before half-time, Cian Kelleher finishing off a swift move from right to left to make it 10-5.

The game continued to ebb and flow as half-time neared, with Scottish next to strike through Tom Marshall, taking Scottish into the break 12-10 to the good.

The home side dominated proceedings in the opening minutes of the second half. But with Matt Cornish on for his 100th appearance, Ealing continued to set the tone at the set piece.

They capitalised on another penalty advantage soon after, as Biyi Alo crashed over under the posts to put Ealing ahead for the first time in the match.

Scottish didn’t fade away as the game entered the final minutes, however, and replacement scrum-half Lewis Gjaltema was only denied a breakaway try thanks to the rapid covering work by Tom Collins.

But it was Scottish who had the last say, regaining the lead as Alec Lloyd-Seed slotted his conversion from the left touchline to the delight of the home supporters.

Trailfinders remain at the top of the table after picking up a losing bonus point, with Nottingham five points behind in second.

Ealing Trailfinders returned to league action in the best possible fashion, with a dominant 0-50 victory over Richmond.

James Cordy-Redden secured a brace, with Craig Hampson and Jonah Holmes also on the end of impressive scores as the Trailfinders ran in eight tries down at the Athletic Ground.

As the game got underway in the London derby, the green and whites didn’t take long to get on the scoreboard. Constant pressure allowed Andrew Davidson to find a soft shoulder as he burst through the defensive line, before running over the final defender to dot down inside five minutes.

Just two minutes later the visitors were in again, this time through their scrum-half. Some quick ball off a regathered kick allowed Jack Digby to gallop through a hole in the Richmond defence. The number 8 selflessly drew the final man, before releasing Hampson to score.

After early dominance, the next 20 minutes saw the hosts in the ascendancy, camped five metres out from the Trailfinders line. Despite this content pressure, the green and white wall stood firm and eventually they were able to clear without the scoreboard being altered.

Having been starved attacking ball, the next time Trailfinders got an opportunity, they made it count. Off the line-out the ball was flung wide, as Holmes accelerated down the touchline before fending off the final defender to score in the corner.

Then on the half-hour mark, the West-Londoners had wrapped up the bonus point. A similar set up saw the ball go wide, but this time to Cordy-Redden. Instead of pinning his ears back like Holmes, the winger cut inside, beating four defenders, to impressively muscle his way over to make the scores 0-26, and it stayed this way until half-time.

The second 40 got underway in a very similar fashion to the first with it taking just eight minutes for Alun Walker to barge over for his fifth try in the last four games on the back of a powerful rolling maul.

Just after the 50 minute mark Trailfinders were down to 14 for ten minutes after James Gibbons was shown a yellow card for a cynical penalty near his own line. Despite this, the visitors still refused to concede and then on 60 minutes they went over for their sixth try after Shaun Malton made a delightful break through the middle before offloading to Simon Linsell to score.

Back to a full compliment, Trailfinders looked to close the game out without conceding. The easiest way to do this was to keep attacking, and with 10 minutes remaining Cordy-Redden got his second after a tap penalty in the midfield drew in the defence allowing the winger a 1-on-1 out wide which was all he needed.

Then, with the clock almost in the red, Luke Daniels found himself in space on the wing. With two defenders in front of him, he bumped off the first tackler before out-pacing the second to bring up the half century for the visitors and cap off arguably their best performance of 2023 so far.

Tickets are now on sale for our next home fixture against London Scottish on Saturday 11th March at Trailfinders Sports Club (KO 3pm). Click here to purchase tickets. To book our delicious pre-match hospitality email:

Full-time Score: Richmond 00-50 Ealing Trailfinders

T: Davidson 5′, Hampson 7′, Holmes 25′, Cordy-Redden 30′, 70′, Walker 48′, Linsell 60′, Daniels 80′

C: Willis 5′, 8′, 31′, 48′, 61’\

YouTube player

Credit has to go to the Exiles for how well they performed today, but despite pressure we were able to come away with the full five points to keep us top of the table.

The game got off to an almost perfect start, with us scoring after just two minutes. The Exiles went being penalised for being offside at a kick which allowed Craig Willis to go to the corner. From 10m out, Shaun Malton looked like he was going over for the first score but the maul was pulled down illegally and so ref Luke Rogan ran under the sticks to award a penalty try.

The hosts answered back shortly after through Jordan Els after winning repeated penalties and it was level after 9 minutes.

This didn’t phase us however, as we quickly responded through Steven Shingler who scored in the corner after a well worked passage of play that saw us tie in players from a rolling maul before spinning wide once we had created the overlap.

Ten minutes later we were in again, after repeated penalties, Carlo Tizzano crashed over on the back of a rolling maul and Craig Willis did superbly well to add the extras from the touchline.

The hosts then added their second score of the day after capitalising from a quick tap penalty allowing Cam King to dot down.

With half-time beckoning we secured the bonus point when Barney Maddison was on the back of the rolling maul this time to put us into a 12 point lead at the break. Half-time score: London Scottish 14-26 Ealing Trailfinders

In the same way that we scored almost immediately in the first-half, Scottish did so in the second as Harlequins dual-registered winger Cassius Cleaves went over in the corner.

It took us our time to respond from the Exiles’ fast start, but we slowly built back into the half. With the bench coming on and making an impact, just before the hour mark, sustained pressure and repeated penalties finally paid as Rayn Smid crashed over.

Just minutes later we were in again as Luke Daniels was on the end of potentially our score of the season. From inside our own 22, Jordan Burns spotted a gap at the ruck and burst through it. He got up to the halfway line before being tackled and recycling well. Shingler then put out a beautiful two-man miss pass to release Luke Daniels to run in unopposed.

After seeing this superb free flowing play, the forwards decided to return to their bread and butter, the rolling maul. In the space of five minutes, Malton picked up a brace, both on the back of the maul as we pulled away from the hosts.

With five minutes to go, a strong box-kick and chase saw us regain possession. Will Davis spotted a gap which he almost was able to get his 120kg frame through! Although he was just pulled down he was able to offload to Burns who ran in under the sticks.

With the full-time whistle approaching, Scottish went in search of their bonus point score, but our defence stood firm.

Full-time score: London Scottish 21-57 Ealing Trailfinders

T: Penalty Try 2′, Shingler 12′, Tizzano 18′, Maddison 38′, Smid 58′, Daniels 61′, Maulton 67′, 71′, Burns 76′

C: Willis 19′, 38′, 59′, 68′, 77

YouTube player

Tries: Angus Kernohan (3rd Min), Ollie Fox (10th Min), Carlo Tizzano (36th Min, 70th Min), Luke Daniels (77th Min)

Conversions: Dan Lancaster (3rd, 11th, 37th Min), Steven Shingler (71st Min), Craig Willis (78th Min)

Ealing came out on the right side of the result but were pushed to the end by a strong and spirited Richmond side.

The Green and Whites started very strongly, with Angus Kernohan crossing in the corner after only three minutes following some good build up play from the forwards in the middle of the park. Dan Lancaster impressively added the extras from the touchline.

It only took a matter of moments before we crossed again. Another strong break brought us within 5m of the line. Ollie Fox spotted a small gap around the fringes of the ruck and managed to snipe over for his first score in Ealing colours. Dan Lancaster slotted the conversion from the other touchline and we were 14-0 up.

After our strong start, Richmond were always going to respond and they slowly built into the game.

After 20 minutes they looked like they would score from the rolling maul, but the pack did well to keep them out and force the penalty.

A they continued to build into the game further, managing to create an overlap out wide. The scramble defence did well so the hosts kicked through near our line. Jack Metcalf was adjudged to have pulled the attacker back and so was shown a yellow card and we were down a man.

From the resulting maul, the hosts bundled over making it 14-7.

We could have let this rattle us, but instead we responded in the best possible way. Keeping it tight and eventually getting within 5m of the line. We forced a penalty and Carlo Tizzano took it quickly and muscled over for his first Ealing try. Lancaster made it 3 from 3 from the tee and we were 21-12 in front.

With the clock in the red, Richmond managed to score another rolling maul and it was Richmond 12-21 Ealing Trailfinders at the break.

We came out at the start of the second 40 fast but were unable to turn this dominance into points.

As the half continued we struggled to get any momentum in the game and ill discipline saw two more sin bins as Richmond took the lead from two more rolling maul tries.

With 10 minutes to go, we were camped on Richmond’s line and Tizzano eventually managed to barge over for his second of the night.

With the confidence from that score we started to play with the quality that we know we can and eventually Luke Daniels scored in the corner to make the final score Richmond 26- 35 Ealing Trailfinders

YouTube player
YouTube player

Ealing Trailfinders returned to Greene King IPA Championship action with a hard-fought 25-3 victory over London Scottish at the Athletic Ground.

For the second week in a row the Trailfinders headed over Kew Bridge and kept their opponents try-less, with the defence once again the highlight in very challenging conditions.

Tries from Alun Walker, Mark Bright and a penalty try ensured that Ben Ward’s men earned their ninth consecutive victory in all competitions ahead of welcoming Bristol to Vallis Way in their next outing.

It was a very tight opening to the match and after a significant down pour of rain ahead of kick off both sides were trying to use their kicking game to gain territory.

Jake Sharp kicked the Scots in to an early 3-0 lead, but that was to be as good as it got for the hosts after the West Londoners began to grow in to the match.

Lewis Jones saw an early chance pass by with 10 minutes on the clock, the centre raced away from the half way line but was eventually caught up by the defence and bundled in to touch.

Luke Daniels levelled the score with a penalty, and they then took the lead as Alun Walker went over the line in trademark style.

A five metre lineout was gathered, and the forwards powered towards the line before the Scottish hooker broke away to score. Daniels converted from the touchline to extend the lead to 10-3, and that was how the score would remain until the break as the teams went down the tunnel after a tough 40 minutes.

Ben Ward’s men were forced to defend in the opening stages of the second half as the Scots rallied, but they held firm and managed to earn a penalty which was met with huge cheers.

Daniels’ second penalty extended the lead to 13-3 to take the advantage past a converted try, and in the final 20 minutes the Trailfinders took control of the match.

Mark Bright scored against his former club to put the result beyond doubt with 15 minutes left on the clock. Another five metre lineout powered towards the line, and the Club Captain bundled over the line to stretch the advantage to 18-3.

Dan Grant Adamson came on at scrum-half and his box kicks were putting the visitors in the right places to attack. A scrum five metres from the line saw the pack which was boosted by the bench hammering towards the line, and after a number of penalties the referee eventually went under the posts to award the Trailfinders a penalty try.

That gave them a 25-3 lead with three minutes remaining, and despite rallying in attempt to get a four-try bonus point they had to settle with just the victory which maintained their place in second in the Championship table.

London Scottish:

15 Tom Parton (replaced by Fraser Lyle) 14 Matt Williams 13 Ross Neal 12 Ben Mosses 11 Charlie Ingall 10 Jake Sharp (replaced by Ed Hoadley) 9 Alex Walker 1 Derrick Appiah (replaced by Ben Christie) 2 Isaac Miller (c) (replaced by Dan George) 3 Phil Cringle (replaced by Dino Waldren) 4 Tijuee Uanivi (replaced by Ed Milne) 5 James Tyas 6 Chris Walker 7 Matt Marley 8 Joe Atkinson (replaced by Max Berry)


16 Dan George 17 Ben Christie 18 Dino Waldren 19 Ed Milne 20 Max Berry 21 Ed Hoadley 22 Fraser Lyle


Penalties: Jake Sharp (5 minutes)

Ealing Trailfinders:

15 Peter Lydon, 14 Luke Daniels, 13 Lewis Jones, 12 Joe Munro (replaced by Piers O’Conor, 75 mins), 11 James Cordy Redden, 10 Rory Clegg, 9 Grayson Hart (replaced by Dan Grant Adamson, 60 mins), 1 James Gibbons,(replaced by Will Davis, 66 mins) 2 Alun Walker (replaced by Matt Cornish, 71 mins), 3 Mark Tampin (replaced by Lewis Thiede, 57 mins), 4 Harry Casson, 5 Barney Maddison, 6 Kieran Murphy (replaced by Morgan Allen 66 mins), 7 Rayn Smid (replaced by Dan Temm, 7 mins), 8 Mark Bright (c)


16 Matt Cornish, 17 Will Davis, 18 Lewis Thiede, 19 Dan Temm, 20 Morgan Allen, 21 Dan Grant Adamson, 22 Piers O’Conor


Tries: Alun Walker (28 minutes) Mark Bright (66 minutes) Penalty Try (77 minutes)

Conversions: Luke Daniels (28 minutes)

Penalties: Luke Daniels (14, 62 minutes)

Match Officials:

Referee: Matthew Carley

Assistant Referees: Darryl Chapman & Paul Dix

Half Time Score: London Scottish 3 -10 Ealing Trailfinders

Attendance: 1145

Ealing Trailfinders ensured they will be top seeds for the knockout stages of the British and Irish Cup with a clinical 24-0 victory over Richmond at the Athletic Ground.

In wet and windy conditions an expansive game was never looking likely, but tries from Alun Walker, Luke Daniels, Peter Lydon and James Cordy Redden meant that Ben Ward’s men recorded their sixth win from six matches in the competition.

Despite the bonus-point win it was the defence that received most of the plaudits, limiting Richmond to a scoreless 80 minutes after a relentless performance.

The West Londoners got off to the perfect start with a try from Alun Walker giving them an early lead. A penalty was kicked to the corner and the rolling maul powered towards the line before the Scottish hooker broke away to score. Luke Daniels converted, and gave his side a 7-0 advantage after six minutes.

Daniels went within inches of extending the lead just three minutes later, but James Cordy Redden’s kick ahead was gathered by a stretching Richmond arm who denied a certain try.

Rob Kirby had a chance to put the hosts on the scoreboard but his penalty fell just short, before Daniels was denied again by the bounce of the ball as the Trailfinders looked to extend their advantage.

With the rain still falling both teams used the boot at every opportunity to gain territory, but the score would remain unchanged in the first half as Ben Ward’s men headed back to the changing rooms with a 7-0 lead at the break.

There was barely anything between the two teams in the first half and it looked too close to call, however in the third quarter the Trailfinders would pull away with some exceptional wet-weather rugby to put the result beyond doubt.

The in-form Luke Daniels scored a brilliant individual try on the 45 minute mark to give his team some breathing space. A kick out wide was gathered by the full-back on the touchline, and he bounced his way past a number of defenders before racing away from outside the 22 to dive over the line. The conversion went wide but the visitors now held a 12-0 lead, which in the conditions was a commanding one.

Just three minutes later Peter Lydon crossed the try-line to extend the lead further. With the ball deep in the 22, instead of going through the forwards the ball was spun wide and Lydon stepped his way past the final defender to bundle his way over the line. Daniels converted, and edged the Trailfinders 19-0 in front.

The bonus point score was secured with 55 minutes on the clock as James Cordy Redden marked his return to the starting line-up with a try. A set move from the top of a lineout with a number of dummy runners saw Daniels in acres of space, and with a two on one he drew in the final defender before releasing Cordy Redden who scored in the corner. The conversion went wide, but the fourth try all but confirmed the Trailfinders’ place as top seeds for the knockout stages.

With the bonus point in the bag it was the defence that took over as Richmond looked for a way back in to the match, but the forwards absorbed a huge amount of pressure to ensure that the clean sheet was intact.

A penalty earned with just four minutes remaining was met with huge cheers from the players after soaking up phase after phase, which summed up the defensive effort throughout the 80 minutes.

Referee Christophe Ridley blew the final whistle to confirm the victory, and a very satisfying one for the travelling supporters.

The result means that Vallis Way will host a Quarter Final on the weekend of 30/31st March, with opposition and the exact date to be confirmed in due course. Stay tuned to our social media channels to stay up to date with all the appropriate information regarding the knockout stages.


15 Rob Kirby 14 Martin Freeman 13 Cameron Mitchell (c) 12 Ronnie McLean (replaced by Rory Damant) 11 Jordan Simpson-Hefft 10 James Swan 9 Luc Jones 1 Jeremy Cunnew 2 Ross Grimstone 3 Joe Tarrant 4 Chris Davies 5 Alex Humfrey 6 Jake Parker 7 Jesse Liston 8 Harison Edwards


16 Jason Phipps 17 Will Goodrick-Clarke 18 Myles Scott 19 Rhodri Adamson 20 Rory Damant 21 Michael Kovacic 22 Craig Trenier

Ealing Trailfinders:

15 Luke Daniels 14 Will Harries (replaced by Peter Lydon, 13 mins) 13 Lewis Jones 12 Joe Munro 11 James Cordy Redden 10 Rory Clegg 9 Grayson Hart (replaced by Dan Grant Adamson, 70 mins) 1 James Gibbons (replaced by Will Davis, 57 mins) 2 Alun Walker (replaced by Matt Cornish, 67 mins) 3 Mark Tampin (replaced by Sam Rodman, 57 mins) 4 Barney Maddison 5 Harry Casson (c) 6 Kieran Murphy 7 Rayn Smid (replaced by Dan Temm, 67 mins) 8 Morgan Allen


16 Matt Cornish 17 Will Davis 18 Sam Rodman 19 Dan Temm 20 Mark Bright 21 Dan Grant Adamson 22 Peter Lydon


Tries: Alun Walker (6 minutes) Luke Daniels (46 minutes) Peter Lydon (50 minutes) James Cordy Redden (56 minutes)

Conversions: Luke Daniels (6, 50 minutes)

Match Officials:

Referee: Christophe Ridley

Assistant Referees: Nigel Carrick & Lionel Spooner

Fourth Official: Ieuan Davies

Half Time Score: Richmond 0 – 7 Ealing Trailfinders

Ealing Trailfinders maintained their impressive start to the season with a 33-26 bonus point victory over Richmond at the Athletic Ground.

In what was a tense affair Ben Ward’s side secured the win but in similar fashion to last weekend they will feel like they made hard work of it and will want to improve before welcoming Bedford Blues to Vallis Way next Saturday.

Tries from Alun Walker, James Cordy Redden, Grayson Hart and Andrew Durutalo made sure that the West Londoners headed back over Kew Bridge with five points.

Rob Kirby and Peter Lydon traded early penalties to have the score level at 3-3 after 10 minutes, but further ill-discipline from the visitors gave Kirby another chance and he successfully put his side 6-3 ahead.

Ben Ward’s men then started to play with more purpose, and went ahead on the 20 minute mark with a try from Alun Walker. A five metre lineout gave them the perfect attacking opportunity, and with the maul driving towards the line, the hooker broke away to dive over the line in the corner. Lydon’s touchline conversion gave Ealing a 10-6 advantage.

It got better for the visitors five minutes later with a brilliant try from James Cordy Redden. Piers O’Connor made a great break through the middle, and the ball was then recycled just outside the Richmond 22. Andrew Durutalo took the ball up to the last defender and audaciously offloaded to Redden who was on the wing to race clear from 10 metres. The conversion went just wide, but the lead was extended to nine points.

Ealing were playing most of the attacking rugby and looked to take control of the match, but were left frustrated by some handling errors and were also penalised for crossing on two occasions.

That lead was cut to six with Kirby’s third penalty, before it was wiped out all together just before half time with a Richmond try. The home side had a number of phases on the try-line as they looked to go over, and spun the ball wide for Jordan Simpson-Hefft to run in the corner unattended.

The touchline conversion meant that Steve Hill’s team headed down the tunnel with a 16-15 lead at the break.

Ealing came out firing in the second half, and Grayson Hart put the visitors ahead after 47 minutes with a trademark scrum-half try. After peppering away at the try-line, Hart found a gap in the defence and dummied to dive over from close range.

Jono Woodward was sent to the sin-bin for Richmond after taking over Glen Townson in the air, and Ealing capitalised by securing the bonus point try.

A penalty meant that the Trailfinders had a five metre lineout, and despite being pulled down before the line it was popped up to Durutalo who used his power to smash his way over the defence and to the try-line. With Lydon’s conversion the lead was 27-16, but Richmond came back and refused to lie down.

They were awarded a penalty try on the hour mark to get themselves back in to the match. After breaking away from a scrum, Hart tackled his man with no arms which sent the referee under the posts, and also sent him to the sin-bin.

Lydon then edged Ealing seven points in front with his second penalty, but again the hosts came back firing.

They were inches away from scoring in the corner with seven minutes remaining, however a brilliant last ditch tackle meant that a foot was in touch.

Djustice Sears Duru then secured a much needed turnover with three minutes left when Richmond were pressing again. With one minute left on the clock a huge scrum from the forwards saw them awarded a penalty, and Lydon smashed it over the posts from the half-way line to put the result beyond doubt.

There was still time for a Rob Kirby penalty to ensure that Richmond secured a losing bonus point, but it was Ealing who left the Athletic Ground with a hard-fought 26-33 win.


15 Rob Kirby 14 Jono Woodward 13 Cameron Mitchell 12 Ronnie McLean 11 Jordan Simpson-Hefft 10 Freddie Gabbitass 9 Luc Jones 1 Jeremy Cunnew 2 Jason Phipps (replaced by Ross Grimstone) 3 Craig Trenier 4 Will Warden 5 Chris Davies 6 Jesse Liston 7 Jack Allcock 8 Jake Parker


16 Ross Grimstone 17 Will Goodrick-Clarke 18 Alex Humfrey 19 Jamie Gibbs 20 Ben Rath 21 Harry Edwards 22 Joe Tarrant


Tries: Jordan Simpson-Hefft (37 minutes) Penalty Try (61 minutes)

Conversions: Rob Kirby (37 minutes)

Penalties: Rob Kirby (6, 12, 30, 80 minutes)

Yellow Card: Jono Woodward

Ealing Trailfinders:

15 Peter Lydon 14 James Cordy-Redden 13 Piers O’Connor 12 Joe Munro (replaced by Lewis Robling)11 Seb Stegmann 10 Aaron Penberthy 9 Grayson Hart (replaced by Luke Carter) 1 Will Davis (replaced by Djustice Sears Duru) 2 Alun Walker (replaced by Matt Cornish) 3 Mark Tampin (replaced by Sam Rodman) 4 Glen Townson (c) (replaced by Harry Casson) 5 Barney Maddison 6 Rayn Smid (replaced by Dan Temm) 7 Andrew Durutalo 8 Mark Bright


16 Matt Cornish 17 Djustice Sears Duru 18 Sam Rodman 19 Harry Casson 20 Dan Temm 21 Luke Carter 22 Lewis Rodling


Tries: Alun Walker (20 minutes) James Cordy Redden (24 minutes) Grayson Hart (47 minutes) Andrew Durutalo (57 minutes)

Conversions: Peter Lydon (20, 57 minutes)

Penalties: Peter Lydon (9, 68, 78 minutes)

Yellow Card: Grayson Hart

Match Officials:

Referee: Fergus Kirby

Assistant Referees: Nick Marshall & Roy Maybank

Fourth Official: Jack Sutton

Half Time Score: Richmond 16 – 15 Ealing Trailfinders

Attendance: 604

Ealing Trailfinders laid down a marker of their promotion ambitions with a bonus point win away to Richmond.

The match was a clash between the top two clubs in National One and Ben Ward’s side extended their lead over their rivals from across Kew Bridge with a convincing win in which they scored four tries and kept out the league’s leading scorers until the last minute.

Richmond took the early initiative and were rewarded for their strong early start when National 1 leading scorer Rob Kirby added to his tally with a simple penalty from in front of the posts.

The fullback then came close to breaking away, but was stopped at the last by his opposite number Matt Jarvis.

Ealing Trailfinders began to work their way back into the match and while Jarvis was unable to land his first penalty attempt of the afternoon he linked up with Phil Chesters on the 20 minute mark to release the wing for his seventh try of the season, which he then converted.

Kirby closed the gap to a point with his second penalty soon after but Ealing Trailfinders continued to enjoy the majority of possession and territory with centres Sam Wardingley and Ronnie McLean making ground from which the rest of the team could attack.

Ealing Trailfinders immediately went on the attack as the second half got underway and Chesters came close to adding his second of the match, but he was bundled into touch as the Richmond defence scrambled.

Will Davis also went close after a rolling maul from a lineout, but he lost control of the ball as he went for the line and Richmond were able to clear the danger from the scrum.

Steve Pape came off the bench and immediately made an impact with a storming run and link with Arthur Ellis. After setting up camp in Richmond’s half Alun Walker marker his return to action by diving over for Ealing Trailfinders second try of the afternoon.

Richmond hit back though when Kirby slotted his, but Ealing Trailfinders responded in fine style to release former Richmond youth player Ellis raced away for his fifth of the season.

William Warden showed that the hosts weren’t finished with a powerful run to the line, but Ealing Trailfinders’ defence swarmed round him to hold him up and allow Jarvis the chance to clear.

Ealing Trailfinders secured the four try-bonus point 12 minutes from time when second row Michael Walker-Fitton picked a perfect line off an Alex Walker pass to run in for his first in Ealing Trailfinders colours.

The home side grabbed their try just before the full time whistle when prop Jeremy Cunnew crashed over for a try that former Ealing Trailfinders’ fly-half Andy Hall converted.

Rob Kirby, William Browne, James Falconer, Matt Keville, Adam Gadsby, Chris Surman, Jamie Gibbs, Jeremy Cunnew, Jason Phipps, Dan Parkinson, Will Warden, Chukwuma Osazuma, Tom Sargent, Simon Ackroyd, Chris Davies
Simon Edwards, Tim Walford, Joseph Burton, James Kyle, Andy Hall

Ealing Trailfinders
Matt Jarvis, Chris Kinloch, Sam Wardingley, Ronnie McLean, Phil Chesters, Ben Ward, Alex Walker; Jamie Kilbane, Alun Walker, Nathan Buck, Carwyn Jones, Mike Walker-Fitton, Anders Nilsson, Arthur Ellis, Danny Kenny (captain)
Will Davis, Andrei Radoi, Steve Pape, Llewelyn Jones, Andy Reay

Tries (Cunnew 79), Conversions (Hall 79), Penalties (Kirby 7, 26, 57 )
Ealing Trailfinders
Tries (Chesters 20, Alun Walker 53, Ellis 59, Walker-Fitton 68), Conversions (Jarvis 20, 60, 69)

Referee – Shane Lewis
Attendance – 1, 403