Ealing Trailfinders capped off their Championship winning campaign in style with a 59-12 rout of fourth placed Bedford Blues.

A hat-trick of tries from Reuben Bird-Tulloch, two from Angus Kernohan and scores from Simon Uzokwe, Cam Terry, Tom Collins and Frankie Sleightholme wrapped up the 2023-24 season in perfect fashion.

Uzokwe opened the scoring for the home side nine minutes in, crashing over the line after sustained pressure inside the Bedford 22. Dan Lancaster converted.

The hat-trick hero and man of the match Bird-Tulloch then extended the lead 10 minutes later after some slick hands in midfield allowed him to score untouched. Lancaster added the extras.

Bedford hit back through Joe Howard off the rolling maul on their third visit to the redzone, having knocked on the previous two times. Maisey missed the conversion.

The departing Lancaster signed off with a classy performance, epitomised by his use of the boot as he sent a delightful cross-field kick into Kernohan, who, despite being taken out in the air, ploughed through two defenders to score in the right-hand corner.

Straight off the kick-off Trailfinders were in again, as Bird-Tulloch notched his second try of the day through some brilliant hands again in midfield. Lancaster’s conversion was good.

Making matters worse for the away side, Luke Frost was sent to the sinbin for back chat to the referee just before the interval.

Starting off the second half just as they had finished the first, further infringements by the Blues reduced them to 13 players for the next five minutes, as Dean Adamson was carded for a deliberate knock on.

Trailfinders levelled the playing field however, as Frankie Sleightholme was also sent to the sinbin for an illegal tackle.

The home side, jubilant in their successful campaign, decided to pull some tricks out of the bag, as Lancaster fooled the entirety of Vallis Way with a cross-field kick off a penalty into Kernohan, who dotted down completely unchallenged.

Bedford scored their second and final try of the day through Sean French, whose slicing line carved straight through the Trailfinders defence to dot down under the posts. Maisey converted.

The Trailfinders rolling maul has been unstoppable all season, and it proved that way again 60 minutes in as Cam Terry crashed over the whitewash. Lancaster added the extras.

Bedford then found themselves down to 14 players again as Sean French was this time sent to the sinbin for a tip tackle.

The home side took full advantage of this through Tom Collins, after supporters’ player of the season Matt Cornish won the ball back inside the Bedford 22, and some quick hands fed in Collins for a clinical finish. Lancaster added the conversion.

Bird-Tulloch completed his hat-trick 71 minutes in after phase play broke down, parting the seas for him to cruise in untouched again. Lancaster’s excellent day from the boot continued.

The game, and a sensational season, was concluded rather fittingly by a brilliant try on debut from Sleightholme, who found himself in a 2 on 1 with Tom Collins down the left to score Trailfinders’ ninth try of the day. Lancaster’s effort from the boot was good again, leaving the final score 59-12.

Ealing Trailfinders were crowned 23/24 Championship Champions after their 20-12 loss to Doncaster at Castle Park due to Cornish Pirates’ win over Coventry.

Tries from Matt Cornish and Tom Collins were not enough to give Trailfinders the win on the day.

The result sets up the perfect end to the campaign as Ealing Trailfinders host Bedford Blues on May 25th.

Surprisingly given the stakes, Trailfinders started brightly. Playing straight into the Doncaster 22 and giving Cornish the opportunity to score one of his patented tries on the back of Trailfinders’ rolling maul.

However, this is where the creative freedom would stop for the Trailfinders with the game turning into a scrappy affair despite the perfect atmospheric conditions.

The Castle Park faithful had to wait almost 20 minutes for the next score. Ex-Trailfinder Ollie Fox crossing the whitewash against his old club to level the scores.

Bad then turned to worse as Craig Willis and Tom Collins were yellow carded in quick succession leaving Trailfinders with 13.

Following Tom Collins’ sin bin, Russ Bennett knocked over an easy penalty to leave the Knights up 10-7 at the break.

Much like the first term, the second half was a tense affair.

Trailfinders dealt with their player deficit well early on in the half, and back to the full compliment, created enough space for Tom Collins to beat two Doncaster players to finish brilliantly in the corner.

Doncaster would reply instantly, however, to grab the lead back with 20 to play in the game.

With a Russ Bennett penalty tacked on, Doncaster would close out the occasion to win 20-12.

Following Cornish Pirates 22-12 victory over Coventry, however, Ealing Trailfinders were crowned champions.

Thank you so much to all the fans that have supported us all year.

Ealing Trailfinders took complete control of their Championship title destiny with an emphatic 57-14 victory over an in-form Amphtill at Trailfinders Sports Club.

It took the league leaders only two minutes to lay down their marker, as heavy pressure inside the Ampthill 5-metre line allowed Matt Cornish to dive on a charged down box kick and give Trailfinders the lead.

The home side then extended their lead four minutes later through James Cordy-Redden, who ran a hard support line off scrum-half Craig Hampson to crash over the line.

A bizarre try got Ampthill back into the game, as ex-Trailfinders Academy player Brandon Jackson grubber kicked the ball twice to himself down the left flank to then set up Tom Bacon to score under the posts.

It did not take long for Trailfinders hit back however through Craig Willis, who sold the Ampthill defence with a dummy and then spun his way over the line from five metres out.

Willis then turned from scorer to provider as Trailfinders secured the bonus point 27 minutes in, making a brilliant breakaway on the halfway line as he sold the defence with a dummy again, to then pass inside to Dan O’Brien for an easy finish.

Ampthill emerged from the interval the more positive side, and they reduced the deficit through some classy work from Jackson again, who broke down the left with a burst of pace and delivered a delightful pass inside to Charlie Bracken for a simple score.

Trailfinders quashed the brief resurgence however through Richard Hardwick, crashing over the line off the back of the rolling maul.

With Ampthill unable to stop the powerful rolling maul, Mike Willemse then emulated Hardwick’s try ten minutes later to make it 38-14.

Relentless in attack, the home side continued to add on the tries, scoring their seventh through Rayn Smid, powering over the line on the right-hand side.

Next up to score was Cian Kelleher, using his remarkable pace to round the defence in the left-hand corner and dot down following a tremendous Barney Maddison breakaway.

Rounding off the game in style, Lloyd Williams finished off a well-worked team move that had two impressive offloads down the left flank to leave the final score 57-14.

YouTube player

An emphatic victory in Caldy saw Ealing Trailfinders take five points back to West London on Saturday.

A brace from Reuben Bird-Tulloch and tires from Bobby De Wee, Biyi Alo, Richard Hardwick, Dan O’Brien, Pat Howard and Mike Willemse helped Trailfinders to their fourteenth win of the season.

The result means Ealing Trailfinders are four points clear at the top of the Championship table with a game in hand.

The hosts opened the scoring through Rhys Hayes with a straight forward penalty in front of the posts. Bobby De Wee answered straight back when he powered his way over the line following a line break from Biyi Alo.

Reuben Bird-Tulloch scored his first of the afternoon following a Michael Dykes break away down the left hand side. Dykes eventually passed inside to the centre who had a clear run to the line.

Alo’s strength and determination drove him to the line to score the visitors’ third as he crashed over the defender in a pick and go effort.

Bird Tulloch’s secured the bonus point for the West Londoners just before the break. A short pass from Jordy Reid thread him through a gap on halfway, he skipped round the full back and raced to the line.

Ealing Trailfinders were in a commanding position at the break leading 6-26.

The West Londoners came out firing in the second half. A powerful line out drive meant Richard Hardwick was able to profit.

Trailfinders’ sixth try came from Dan O’Brien, neat handling across the back line opened up space for the winger to dive over in the corner.

Next to get in on the action was Pat Howard, an O’Brien breakaway and offload enabled Howard to extend the lead.

In the final play of the game, the visitors’ rolling maul proved too strong once again. Mike Willemse came up with the ball after the pack drove their way over the line.

Final score Caldy 18-49 Ealing Trailfinders.

YouTube player


Ealing Trailfinders came out on top after a hard-fought 17-26 victory over Cornish Pirates at the Mennaye Field on Friday evening.

Tries from Angus Kernohan and Bobby De Wee, along with four penalties from Craig Willis helped secure the win in challenging conditions in Penzance.

The result leaves Ealing Trailfinders nine points clear at the top of the Championship table.

Cornish Pirates came out of the blocks firing as Marlen Walker opened the scoring on the ten-minute mark. The Pirates pack mauled their way over the line and Walker was able to benefit from his side’s early dominance.

Craig Willis, who was unfazed by the conditions, struck a 40-metre penalty to get Trailfinders on the scoreboard. The hosts hit back moments later when Pirates’ captain John Stevens scored from a pick and go after multiple phases camped on the line.

The visitors knew they needed something with half time approaching. As an Ealing Trailfinders maul rolled towards the line, the referee raised his arm into the air to signal a penalty advantage. With the advantage to fall back on, Willis called for the ball and hit a crossfield kick to Angus Kernohan that went the width of the field. All the winger had to do was catch it and dot down, and that’s what he did!

Heading into the break, it was 12-10 in favour of Cornish Pirates.

If it wasn’t bad enough already, the weather then took a turn for the worst as the second 40 began, making it more important than ever to keep the scoreboard ticking over. Ealing Trailfinders took the lead for the first time in the contest with a penalty from Willis. He then extended his team’s lead to four points with another shot at goal.

The Cornish men responded when former Trailfinder Bruce Houston stabbed the ball through and Matt McNab won the foot race, sliding over in the mud to put them back in front. Two minutes later it was time for Willis to step up and kick his fourth penalty of the evening to nudge his side ahead once again.

To top off a brilliant performance by Willis, he hit a stunning 50 22 to put Trailfinders in a brilliant attacking position. Bobby De Wee muscled his way over from close range to score Trailfinders second try of the match. Willis maintained his 100 percent record from the tee to all but secure the win for the West Londoners.

The nail-biting clash in Cornwall finished Cornish Pirates 17 Ealing Trailfinders 26 with the visitors taking four points back to Ealing.

Ealing Trailfinders fell to a 29-21 defeat against Ampthill away at Dillingham Park.

Tries from Lloyd Williams, Rayn Smid, and Cian Kelleher were not enough to garner any points from Trailfinders’ trip to Bedfordshire.

The result leaves the West London outfit at the top of the table with a 10-point gap to Coventry in second.

The game started with Trailfinders on top. Exploiting a dominant set piece, they won back-to-back penalties from their hosts in the first ten minutes.

Ampthill managed to keep the men in green and white out initially, that is until Nathan Earle brilliantly broke down the right and found Williams on his inside feeding the Welshman over the whitewash.

Trailfinders kept the pressure on after the opening score but could not break the Ampthill defences for large swathes of the first term.

It was so much so that Brandon Jackson brought the home side level after 28 minutes, as Ampthill re-asserted themselves on the occasion.

However, the travellers grabbed the momentum right back when Dan O’Brien broke down the right wing and found Smid with a magical offload to send the South African under the sticks.

Then, on the stroke of half time, Kelleher produced one of the season’s best scores.

After receiving a looping wide ball from Billy Twelvetrees, the Dublin native chipped the ball over the Ampthill defence and regathered to soar over the line in the right-hand corner.

That score meant that the teams went into the sheds with the scoreboard reading 7-21 to Trailfinders, with the league leaders in command.

Half-time was when disaster struck for Trailfinders, however, as replacement hooker Henry Walker was substituted due to injury, meaning Flanker Richard Hardwick was forced to throw in at the line out, and scrums would be uncontested.

As a result, Ampthill regained control of the game as the set piece that had been so dominant for Trailfinders was taken apart.

The hosts scored 22 unanswered points, and a Josh Barton penalty kick in the 77th minute ensured Trailfinders left Bedfordshire without any points.


Ealing Trailfinders managed to stifle a strong second half resurgence as they ran out 52-35 winners over London Scottish at Trailfinders Sports Club.


The home side topped fifty points through eight different scorers, with Matt Cornish, Jordan Holgate, Bobby De Wee, Craig Willis, Biyi Alo, Jonah Holmes, Ollie Newman and Reuben Bird-Tulloch all getting on the scoresheet.


A derby day bonus point victory ensured that Trailfinders maintained their 10-point lead at the top of the table.


Cornish opened the scoring on three minutes as he added to his impressive season try tally, dotting down off the back of a rolling maul. Willis added the extras.


Trailfinders then quickly extended their lead nine minutes later as the debutant Holgate cruised in to score under the posts, having been teed up by a delightful inside pass from Holmes. Willis converted again.


The early first half onslaught continued through De Wee, who used his large frame to crash over the whitewash after successive phases inside Scottish’s 22. Willis’ conversion was good.


Just when it was looking to be a drubbing for the away side, scrum-half Dan Nutton hit back with a well-worked team try to score under the posts. Sheppard converted.


The action continued at a frantic pace, with Trailfinders then scoring again through Willis, as he saw a gap in the Scottish line and darted his way over, leaving the score 26-7 at half time.


London Scottish came out raring to go after the half and struck with two quickfire tries within five minutes.


Fly-half Harry Sheppard scored and converted his own try as Scottish exploited gaps within the Trailfinders defence, with Nutton scoring his second of the day in similar fashion two minutes later. Sheppard converted both.


A disconcerted Trailfinders side steadied themselves as they know best, with Alo scoring off the rolling maul after repeated Scottish penalties. Willis nailed the conversion.


Sustaining this momentum, they extended the lead through Holmes after a well-worked move down the right flank, as he shrugged off the last man to score under the posts. Willis added the two points.


Scottish would just not lie down however, scoring through Will Brown and Bryn Bradley as they continued to exploit holes in the Trailfinders line, reducing the deficit to just three points. Sheppard’s perfect day with the boot continued for both.


It wasn’t enough however, as the home side crushed the Scottish resistance with two unanswered tries through Newman and Bird-Tulloch, leaving the final score 52-35.

YouTube player

Coventry came out on top against Ealing Trailfinders in a tense clash at Butts Park Arena this afternoon, winning 34-32.

Tries from Jonah Holmes, James Cordy-Redden, Craig Hampson and a brace from Nathan Earle meant Trailfinders travelled back to West London with two points.

Trailfinders remain top of the Championship table, ten points clear of Coventry in second.

It was an electric start from the visitors as they crossed the whitewash twice in the opening ten minutes. First on the scoresheet was Jonah Holmes, the full back went over untouched on the left hand side after some neat handling from the back line.

James Cordy-Redden doubled the lead minutes later, the ball was moved to the far left, he crashed over his opposite man and dotted down with an outstretched arm.

Coventry hit back with two tries of their own. Ollie Betterridge received the ball ten metres out and spotted a gap in the Trailfinders’ defensive line to score underneath the sticks and make it a straight forward seven pointer.

An overthrown Trailfinders’ line out collected by Jordon Poole put Coventry into the lead, with a try that was easier to score than not.

Nathan Earle scored his first of the afternoon when Craig Hampson sent a looping miss pass out to the right wing beating the cover defence.

After an assist five minutes before, it was time for Hampson to score a try of his own. The second rows combined as Bobby Dee charged down the field and passed out wide to Andrew Davidson, who eventually popped it inside to the scrum half.

Coventry had the last say in the first half, Jordon Poole scored his second of the match to make it a one point game at the break.

The West London outfit headed into the changing rooms 22-21 up.

Pat Pellegrini helped his side regain the lead shortly after the match resumed with a shot at goal from a relatively straight forward angle.

Ten minutes later, the Championship’s leading try scorer Matt Cornish added to his tally as he burrowed his way over after he broke from the back of a rolling maul.

The hosts put themselves back into the lead through James Martin, before Pellegrini added a further three points to extend their lead to seven.

With only two minutes remaining on the clock, Earle crossed the whitewash to get Trailfinders back within two points. The kick was pushed wide, but there was time for the restart and a final chance for the visitors.

After two successive penalties to get them into their opponents 22, Trailfinders knocked the ball on and Coventry kicked the ball out of the ground, which left the final score Coventry 34-32 Ealing


Ealing Trailfinders stamped their authority on a resilient Nottingham side with a 52-26 victory at TFSC.


Tries from Billy Twelvetrees, Matt Cornish (3), Biyi Alo, Angus Kernohan and Jonah Holmes secured all five points for the home side to extend their lead at the top of the Championship to 13 points.


Twelvetrees opened the scoring with a classy interception, reading the pass with ease inside the Nottingham 22, leaving him free to saunter over the line and dot down under the posts. He converted the extras.


The Archers hit back as a looping pass on the Trailfinders five-metre line managed to elude three players and Ryan Olowofela was able to cruise over in the corner. The conversion was missed.


Trailfinders’ Richard Hardwick was then sent to the sin bin midway through the first half.


Nottingham capitalised on their player advantage through Beltus Nonleh, who bundled over the whitewash having been put in great territory by a slick 50-22 from Ellis Mee. Matt Arden converted.


The scoring pendulum swung again as Matt Cornish did what he does best, crashing down over the line off the back of a rolling maul. Twelvetrees missed the conversion.


Within a matter of minutes however, the away side retook the lead as Joe Woodward sliced through the Trailfinders line far too easily to score under the posts. Arden converted.


With the pendulum failing to halt, the combination of Matt Cornish and a rolling maul resulted in the inevitable just before half time. Twelvetrees missed the conversion to leave the score 17-19 at the break.


Jordan Burns ensured the home side started the second half in the ascendancy with an immaculate 50-22, and after successive penalties the referee had no choice but to award a penalty try. With the extras guaranteed, Nottingham were also reduced to 14.


Despite their handicap, the Archers spread the ball swiftly across the field, opening space for Dafydd Tiueti to burst down the left flank and dot over the line. Arden’s conversion was good.


Trailfinders response was emphatic, with Alo scoring the first five of 28 unanswered points as he bulldozed his way over the line off a stiffened rolling maul. Twelvetrees converted.


Cornish secured his hattrick of tries just as he had scored his first two, off the back of the unstoppable Trailfinders rolling maul. Twelvetrees converted again.


Trailfinders next try had a bit more flair to it, with both wingers combining beautifully to allow Kernohan to power through a gap in the line and score on his return to TFSC. Twelvetrees nailed the extras.


Only on the pitch for a matter of minutes, Holmes was the next beneficiary of some swift hands in the build-up as he was freed down the right flank, using his pace and strength to finish brilliantly in the corner. Twelvetrees maintained his perfect second half from the tee to leave the final score 52-26.

YouTube player