Academy Performance Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Performance Analysis
Remuneration: To be discussed at interview
The primary role of the Academy Performance Analyst is to provide a world class service to both the Trailfinders Academy and Brunel University Programme, under the guidance and direction of the Head of Performance Analysis & Head Academy Coach.
The role requires excellent rugby knowledge in order to build key relationships with coaching staff, analysts and players. Being able to work across all areas of the game, you will develop an understanding of how to get key messages to coaching staff and players, as well as be creative in the resources used.
You will need to take a proactive and organised approach to your work, with the ability to meet strict deadlines. Leading on key team meetings, analysing the opposition as well as evaluating the current players at the club you will play an essential role in the preparation and development of the playing squad.
• Lead on the analysis provision of all training sessions
• Filming of academy games both home and away.
• Coding of academy games both home and away.
• Lead on post-match analysis in the form of coding and a statistical report for the coaching team
• Assist in preparing the coaching team for the upcoming games by presenting video and analysis of the opposition as requested by the coaching team.
• Performing longitudinal studies of team performances
• Analysis into key areas of the game across world rugby
• Developing interns to assist in the day to day duties and ensure that their development and learning is progressive and continuous and of a high standard
• Any other reasonable duties as outlined by the Head of Performance Analysis & Head Academy Coach
• 2 years experience analysing rugby union in a professional environment
• Experience using video cameras and recording equipment to capture training and match footage
• Filming sport for analysis purposes
• Working as part of a team to provide analysis content
• Working with coaches to produce reports on performance of opposition
• Experience using analysis software to collect data – specifically Nacsport & Coach Logic
• Experience setting up and using presentation equipment
• Experience working with volunteers / interns to develop their knowledge and analysis ability
• Ability to set up a functional matchday process
Key Skills Required:
Excellent knowledge of Rugby Union both tactically and technically.
Excellent knowledge of Nacsport and the ability to build & develop workflows.
Proven experience building interactive feedback resources.
The ability to work to tight deadlines.
The ability to think creatively to get key message across.
Ability to discuss key analysis findings with coaches / players.
Problem solving on the spot to fix issues as they arise
To apply, please send covering letter and CV on email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 6th October 2021.
Part-Time Community Sports Coach
RFU Level 2 Coaching Qualification Essential (or equivalent)
A Level or equivalent education standard Essential
Ability to travel to schools, events etc Essential
Previous community coaching experience in school/camp setting Essential
RFU DBS certificate Essential
First Aid certificate Essential
Sports-related qualification Desirable
Deliver high-quality rugby coaching to a variety of groups in schools, clubs, and camp.
Deliver high quality classroom based sessions in English literacy.
Responsibility for monitoring and evaluation of relevant programmes.
Work as part of the Community team organising and running match day activities including events, coaching clinics, organising guards of honour.
Identify opportunities to extend, develop and promote the community work.
Continuously promoting the community team and Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club.
Email email@example.com to apply!
Match Day, Gate & Ticketing Staff
Join our matchday time at Trailfinders Sports Club
Trailfinders Sports Club is looking for bar staff, gate staff for all Ealing Trailfinders home games and other events throughout the year. For more information please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruno the Mascot
We are looking for a charismatic, out-going individual to take on the role of Bruno the Bear at our home games this season. If you are interested please email email@example.com