VACANCY: Trailfinders Rugby Academy - Head Coach
The full time Head Coach will take a lead role in ensuring that the player pathways become the best and most progressive examples of coach and player development in rugby.
Ealing Trailfinders is a full time progressive professional rugby club, high in the second tier of the RFU Championship League. The club has a strong vision to continue to develop its reputation as a high performing, exciting, prestigious top team within English Rugby.
The club is committed to discovering and developing promising talent in English rugby and creating an exceptional elite pathway to professional rugby. Opportunities are available from under 16s all the way to finishing University and the Senior Academy. Throughout the pathway the players will have the opportunity to combine education with their rugby, ensuring that they will have qualifications as well as the chance to become a professional rugby player.
Working closely with colleagues, local and national stakeholders and across established partnerships including Brunel University.
The role requires a passionate and appropriately skilled and experienced individual to lead the Academy coaching and manage performance staff in producing high calibre first-team players to contribute to the long-term success of Ealing Trailfinders.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the highest standards of coaching, professional, managerial and personal attributes.
- Lead the Trailfinders Rugby Academy elite performance programme including Saturday teams, A team fixtures, BUCS fixtures and the Sevens programme.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent first-class coaching throughout the Academy.
- Manage all the Academy coaches and Academy performance staff including Strength and Conditioning, Medical, Performance Analysis, Nutrition and Psychology working closely with the High Performance Manager.
- Ensure the implementation of the appropriate educational/training program for each developing player that suits their individual needs, abilities and aspirations.
- Take an active role in in the decision-making process with player recruitment, progression, retention and the loan of Academy players
- Manage a strong, mutually beneficial working relationship with Brunel University, partner colleges, schools and clubs.
- Actively participate in networking opportunities, events, open days and other recruitment, scouting and publicity activities as necessary.
- Experience of development and performance coaching
- Experience of managing staff from different disciplines
- Knowledge and understanding of player pathways
- Level 3 Coaching Certificate (or working towards)
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain and present information clearly
- Able to both lead and be part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong work ethic
- Experience of working at all levels of the professional game
- Recent and relevant experience of coaching Academy players
Competitive and dependent upon experience
London – Ealing and Brunel University, Uxbridge
Fixed Term (Full time)
Requires day, evening and weekend work and attendance of away games
Start date TBC
Wed 13th January 2021
Week commencing Monday 18th January 2021
Please email a CV and covering letter of no more than one page to the below address. All documents should be in PDF format.