VACANCY: Senior Physiotherapist
The sports medicine department require a very highly skilled, motivated and experienced Physiotherapist to work alongside other therapists supporting the professional teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with professional rugby players and to be part of a multidisciplinary team. The goal is to return professional rugby players to their pre-injury levels or better.
Ealing Trailfinders is an ambitious, progressive, developing professional full time rugby union club playing in the RFU Championship League.
Competitive dependent upon experience
Fixed Term (Full time)
Start date – between 1st March to 1st June 2020
Fri 17th January 2020
Wb 27th January 2020
- Diagnosis and treatment of players.
- Design and delivery of individual rehabilitation programmes
- Manage caseload of players.
- Work both individually and as part of the team ensuring best practice physiotherapy treatment to injured players
- Communicate the status of injured players to the performance team.
- Ensure that medical notes are recorded appropriately on the rugby squad or relevant medical systems.
- Provide pitch side trauma cover for games as required.
- Provide pitch side cover during training.
- Manage and maintain medical equipment.
- Keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the department/s CPD programme. Ensure good working relationships and professional credibility with all key personnel, colleagues and players
- Assist the Head of Physiotherapy with injury surveillance and injury data collection
- Assist with the musculoskeletal screening of the senior squad as required
- Support the Head of Physiotherapy with the management of the team and department
- Deputise for the Head of Physiotherapy as required
- Keep abreast of current best practice, maintain personal CPD and contribute enthusiastically to the department’s CPD programme
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested
- This is a full-time position that will require evening, weekends and bank holiday work.
- BSc Degree in Physiotherapy
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and registered with the Health Professions Council
- Training in Pitch Side Emergency Care to PHICIS level 3, •
- Minimum four years full-time postgraduate (or equivalent part-time) clinical experience as a Physiotherapist and two of these years must be full-time (or equivalent part-time) working as a Physiotherapist in elite level sport
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative ideas and putting them into practice
- An ability to demonstrate up to date and advanced knowledge of physiotherapy and rehabilitation techniques related to recent advances in musculoskeletal medicine in the sporting sphere.
- Post Graduate qualification in sports physiotherapy or related area of practice
- Significant experience working within professional rugby
- Calm under pressure.
- Adequate IT skills.
- Well organised.
- Excellent time management.
- Mentor and manage students.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and take pride in the achievement of team objectives.
- A strong commitment to professional development.
- Shares ideas and information.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter (no more than 750 words) to Lindsey Cottrell, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th January 2020.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.