Open Training session at Henley College on 15th May!
We are inviting aspirational and talented U16 students to our Academy at Henley College. This opportunity is ideal for those that are looking to combine a full time Rugby programme with an academic qualification.
Our final open training session with The Henley College will take place on the 15th May for prospective students ready for September 21. From there, players will receive feedback on whether they will be invited into pre season for the following year!
We have worked hard to develop the perfect all-round performance package to take your rugby to the next level. The level of support offered at The Henley College is designed to mirror a professional rugby club environment. Being on the programme, you will have regular access to a range of professional services created to develop and improve you as an all-round player. The rugby programme is integrated into students’ timetables. There are 8 direct hours, plus Wednesday match days, designated to rugby throughout the week.
· - Performance Coaching – we provide technical and tactical coaching through training, playing, video analysis and one-to-one individual reviews with players.
· - Strength & Conditioning – we provide a structured programme to individuals in order to help maximise their physical development and prepare them for the physical demands of the game.
· - Physiotherapy – we provide support through prehab, rehab and treatment programmes on an individual basis, to maximise playing opportunities.
· - Sports Psychology – we have access to sport psychologists who can help players cope better with not only the demands of their sport but also in managing their busy lives.
· - Sports Nutrition – we provide guidance, workshops and have access to specialists who can help educate players around nutrition for performance.
· - Lifestyle and Pastoral Support – we provide the necessary support for players to be able to balance their sporting and academic commitments.
Whilst the rugby programme requires a high level of commitment, the academic programme comes first. Students are encouraged to stay on top of their studies, with the rugby staff providing pastoral support in helping the students to manage their time effectively. The College has a diverse academic offer to suit the needs of the student, including 32 different A Levels and a wide range of BTEC and vocational courses.
Overall, there was a 97% A Level pass rate in 2019, with 21 subjects achieving a 100% pass rate. Many of our A Level rugby students study Physical Education, with 55.2% of students on this course achieving A*-B in 2019. The Henley College now offers an articulated pathway to Brunel University, where you can apply for a full-time rugby scholarship programme in partnership with the Trailfinders Academy.
RUGBY OPEN SESSIONS:
All Rugby Open Sessions will take place at the Henley Rugby Club, Dry Leas, Marlow Road, Henley on Thames RG9 2JA.
If you're interested in attending please email Tom Redfern at firstname.lastname@example.org.